Which Subject do you hate the most this semester??

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Lake Placid


Thought I'd post one of my "proses" for a change!
Hope you like gloomy!! :D
Enjoy..



I heard a flake of snow crash on a little rock.

As the unbroken silence of that gloomy dawn prevailed..
Why did such a delicate being have to crash?!
Couldn't it just melt in peace?!!
A tear dropped again --this time not all the way down to Earth..
It stopped in the middle of my cheek,
Asif it needs more passion to drive it away!
I raised my hand and dismissed it;
I want no more sorrow lurking around!

Then raised my head to gaze upon the glassy lake
So shiny on the outside,
Yet God knows how dark it is inside!!
There must be true horrors in that dark!
Then again, it's probably all in my mind..
Because I know when things can look so placid,
Yet boiling and burning inside.
Shattering into tiny little pieces, mending then
Breaking all over again..
Pitch black darkness that seems like endless void.

All such darkness and pain would wear a lake down…
That it chooses to surrender..
That it chooses to breathe the poison in instead.
So the surface dies away peacefuly..
And pain, yet again, triumphs.
Till life in the lake becomes only a memory,
With a suffering bottom and a deceased surface.
A suface that can no longer but imitate..
For what's dead inside, can still be a miror on the outside.
One that reflects all the dead wishes of a lake once alive.
For if life gets fruitful around Lake Placid,
The reflection would console what's left inside.
So even though our lake is dead,
It can still be a miror to what's not…


3 comments:

Lina said...

I'm impressed! Now ur an artist by all means! You can write well, draw well, and even compose poems! Whoaa! keep it up girl ;)

You know the best thing about poetry is that it's free for different kinds of interpretation. That is each and every reader can relate to the poem he/she is reading according to his/her own experiences! So let me tell you what i personally like about it (or how i do relate to some sentences and images u got here!)

Ummm, first of all i love this whole idea of appearance vs. reality thing. You know sometimes no matter how much you try to hide what's lying inside you, the "emotion" or whatever ur hiding still forces itself to appear in a way or another. For example it can show on ur facial expression, ur tone, etc ... So yes wearing "masks" helps us sometimes to act, BUT not always!

There's this poem that i recomment you take a look at ...it's called "The Love Song of J.Alfred Prufrock" by T.S Eliot. It's somehow complicated. You won't probably get it from the first read, but i'm sure u'll deeply enjoy it after the ...ummm... 6th read keda! Anyway, there's this line that explains how human beings keep "preparing the face to meet the faces that they meet." It's all about what i've been tryin to explain ... this idea of the mask. :)(may be i took that too far)

Ummm, strangely enough, i do love the "depressing" mood of the poem, may be because it seems so real. We definitely face situations when we cannot but react negatively. Like the death of a close person for e.g ...

I love ur style kman!

:):)

KEEP IT UP N UP N UP

ħø$$Ý said...

YAY! Malak i'm really impressed! the "impressed" that i mean is kinda "shocked"...

You know when a friend thinks he's a poet and write just (blah blah blah) and he thinks he's the next king of poets. Your's is so diffrent that i really enjoyed, thats 1. 2 is when i read the first lines i was touched by your figuers, it's new (at least i haven't heard something like that before) and that part of the tear that escaped and your will to end sorrow i LOVED.

Not finished yet :D the secnd part is even more intersting. How things look so calm from the outside but God-knows-what is going inside, carying the 2 contraries in the same vesel (mind, body, heart...etc) Angels and Demons, dark and light, happiness and sadness... that's so carring from you :D

third part is... dunno! y u kept the lake dead and useless? y u serrenders? it's very common.. but it's better to stand and fight :D

the last 2 lines i don't get it right, correct me if i'm wrong. is it can still be usefell even if it's a dead soul (the lake, or the ones like it)?

anyway, it's AWSOME! and i really admire it :D


something like that: (PS: i hate fillers and choruses, so i skipped them)
Linkin Park - Easier To Run
-----------------------------------

It's easier to run
Replacing this pain with something numb
It's so much easier to go
Than face all this pain here all alone

Something has been taken from deep inside of me
The secret I've kept locked away no one can ever see
Wounds so deep they never show they never go away
Like moving pictures in my head for years and years they've played

(If I could change I would take back the pain I would)
(Retrace every wrong move that I made I would)
(If I could stand up and take the blame I would)
(If I could take all the shame to the grave I would)
(If I could change I would take back the pain I would)
(Retrace every wrong move that I made I would)
(If I could stand up and take the blame I would)
(I would take all my shame to the grave)

Sometimes I remember the darkness of my past
Bringing back these memories I wish I didn't have
Sometimes I think of letting go and never looking back
And never moving forward so there'd never be a past

Just washing it aside
All of the helplessness inside
Pretending I don't feel misplaced
It's so much simpler than change

~:: Malak ::~ said...

I couldn't believe that you liked it that much, miss Lina and Moh'd!!! God! I'm so glad! Hehe

I really appreciate it so much! It really means a hell of alot from both ! ^_^

---------------

miss Lina,
You're SO right, poetry is just like art, Everyone interprets it in their own special way and according to their own personal experiences.

I will try to find this complex poem :S lol isA I'm excited about reading it :)
_______________

I think I'll pack up the courage and show you another one that I really cherish we Rabbena yostor ba2a..

Thanks again, YAY!